Applications are now Closed. Applications will open Oct. 1
Spotlight Shorts is a program for folks with 1-3 years of media making experience and have worked on short documentaries or other media projects, but not necessarily longer docs. In this program we will spend time building cinematography skills, more advanced lighting, and editing with storytelling in mind. Participants will work on their own short documentary (5-20 minutes) and work on two other members' documentaries.
- Learn the Sony FX 3, lights and audio gear
- Learn different crew positions and how to work as a team
- Create a short documentary on a pressing community issue
- Attend Monday night training and feedback sessions
- Meet emerging artists when they come in to teach skills.
- Receive a stipend.
The program will meet on Mondays from 6-9 starting November through March. There will be a culminating event for participants to showcase their work in April.
Spotlight Shorts is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund and the National Endowment for the Arts.