If you are currently producing media that you want to share with the St. Paul community or if you want to start producing a program and need access to knowledge and tools, becoming a member of SPNN is the first step.
Benefits of membership include;
- the ability to share your program with the over 52,000 Saint Paul residents that subscribe to Comcast in Saint Paul
- discounts on classes and workshops
- access to SPNN’s 6 HD cameras, 3 edit stations, studio with 4 HD cameras, portable switcher, and miscellaneous audio, lighting, and field gear
Anyone can become a member of SPNN regardless of race, sex, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, economic status or geographic location. To become a member an individual or organization must pay an annual membership fee and agree to abide by the policies and procedures of Saint Paul Neighborhood Network. There are different rates depending on circumstances. Membership rates are listed below.
- Memberships are valid for 12 months. Upon expiration, a member may opt to renew
- Membership fees are not refundable or transferable.
- Organizational members may be asked to furnish proof of non-profit status such as a 501(c)(3),a tax exemption certificate or group mission if community initiative or collective.
- All members wishing to produce programming with SPNN resources must attend the SPNN Intro to Community Media class.
- Certification is given on completion of classes and/or with permission of the instructor. Different facilities and equipment types require different certifications.
- Members must receive certification to access SPNN equipment and facilities. Certification is given on completion of classes and/or with permission of the instructor. Different facilities and equipment types require different certifications.
- Failure to abide by the guidelines would result in the termination of membership.
Already Producing a Program?
If you are currently producing your program and want submit it to SPNN, become an SPNN member and then go to the Member portal to create an account. In the member portal you can create a program series and then upload an episode for that series.
If you would like access to SPNN facilities and gear, you need to attend the Intro to SPNN Access. This class will walk you through the guidelines of producing your media at SPNN. There is a tour of the facility, talk about rules governing use, and guidelines for utilizing underwritting and requirements for turning your program in. This intro class is a pre-requiste for all other regular classes at SPNN.