New Angle Fellows is a fellowship that supports six underrepresented and emerging documentary filmmakers who are creating their own work and hoping to get to the next step in their filmmaking journey.
This cohort of six members will support one another and get the opportunity to:
- learn about pitching, grant-writing, and more.
- learn from and connect with advanced filmmakers.
- receive a $3000 stipend to support in producing your documentary.
- have access to SPNN equipment that is available only to New Angle Fellows and staff
- have access to future programs and funding opportunities afforded only to SPNN program alumni
- gain access to the New Angle Fellows network
This year, fellows will be required to:
- Attend all sessions (dates to be determined and a schedule will be provided at the start of the program)
- Complete a strong sample of their film
- Attend the final pitch screening where they pitch their film to the community and show their sample.
- Engage with the other fellows in the cohort
- Complete tasks assigned as part of the fellowship
- When your final film is complete (whenever that may be and after any film festival runs and other distribution obligations), share your film back to the community via SPNN channels.
Meet the 2021-22 New Angle Fellows
Read the 2021-22 New Angle Fellows bios.
Adrian 'Yani' Forreman
Benji Perez Gonzalez