SPNN seeks a new Executive Director
Earlier this week, SPNN's Executive Director Mike Wassenaar announced his resignation, effective March 1, 2013. We are now beginning the search for a new Executive Director to lead the organization. Applications are due by Monday, October 22nd at 5pm. Please click here to download a PDF with the complete job description and application information.
SPNN is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charity, a community media center serving Saint Paul, MN and the Twin Cities metro area. Our mission is to empower people to use media and communications to better lives, use authentic voice and build common understanding.
Some Facts about SPNN:
We operate five channels on the Comcast cable system, which reach 52,000 cable households in Saint Paul.
We produce over 200 hours of community programming each year, and broadcast 4000 hours of original community content.
We teach 300 youth through a variety of summer and after school media education programs each year.
We partner with 25 sites across the twin cities metro area and provide digital literacy education to 6000 people annually through the CTEP AmeriCorps program.
SPNN is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization in its next phases of development.
- Oversee all operations of the organization.
- Work with and support the Board of Directors.
- Supervise and manage SPNN staff in accordance with personnel policies.
- Raise funds for current and future SPNN projects and initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners such as City ofSaint Paul, schools, community organizations, and media organizations.
- Ensure the organization is fully compliant with contractual and legal obligations, and is keeping accurate internal records.
- Develop and execute both short and long‑range strategic plans.
- Lead staff as it develops and executes marketing plans and public relations initiatives.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
- BA degree in communications, administration, marketing, management, or other related field.
- Three years management experience in a non‑profit setting.
- Two years experience working with community organizations.
- Demonstrated fund‑raising skills.
- Experience in development and execution of strategic plans.
- Experience in designing and implementing marketing programs.
- Experience in public and media relations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated people leadership and development skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of trends in the fields of non‑commercial cable TV, youth education, and digital literacy.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Graduate degree in communications, administrative, marketing, management, or other related field.
- Experience working with (not necessarily in) local government.
- Experience working with cable access programming and/or community media.
- Experience developing education programs.
As set by the Board of Directors, depending upon qualifications.
Benefits package available (Health, dental and life insurance, paid time off and holidays, 403b match, transit benefit).
Closing Date: Monday October 22, 2012 (5pm CST)
How to Apply: Submit letter of interest with resume to SPNN, Executive Director Search, 375 Jackson St., Suite 250, St. Paul, MN 55101 or via e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com
SPNN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.